In the UK, #WeMakeEvents has selected the Registered Charity Backup
Backup commit to relieve people who have worked in the Entertainment Technology Industry for at least five years, and/or their immediate family members, who are:
- In need by reason of ill-health or injury.
- Experiencing unexpected financial distress or hardship.
Because #WeMakeEvents has selected one charity, money raised for Backup will qualify to gain the all-important additional 25% Gift Aid (UK tax payers only).
Every penny donated via our Giving Page will go straight to Backup.
Furthermore, from the monies raised**, Backup will also fund our select number of additional Registered Charities and community interest organisations in the following ways.
- Acting for Others – includes The Theatrical Guild, The Royal Theatrical Fund & Fleabag Support Fund and The ROH Benevolent Fund. 15% from funds raised will be allocated to Acting for Others.
- Music Support – for anyone in the music industry to help mental, emotional and behavioural health disorders. 15% from funds raised will be allocated to Music Support.
- Stagehand – COVID-19 Crew Recovery Fund – hardship fund for all live events workers. 15% from funds raised will be allocated to Stagehand.
- #MakeItBlue – dedicated to raising funds for mental health charities throughout arts, entertainment and culture. 15% from funds raised will be allocated to #MakeItBlue.
- A further 10% of funds raised will be held on account with Backup to allocate either to other charities that #WeMakeEvents select or to reapportion to existing partners.
- 30% of funds raised are therefore retained by Backup for its ongoing support of those suffering from illness or injury, as well as its Hardship Funds.
**This excludes all donations made to #WeMakeEvents via the #WeNeedCrew campaign fundraising efforts. 100% of #WeNeedCrew donations raised will be going to Backup’s Hardship Funds
Applying for Assistance
To apply for assistance from any of the charities and community interest organisations please follow the links below: