Red Alert – Stand as One, phase of the campaign aims to raise public and media awareness in support of the live events sector which employs circa 1,000,000 highly skilled people in the UK, all of whom have had no work since March with little likelihood of restarting until Spring 2021. The sector includes a huge supply chain of companies ranging from event production, audio, lighting, video, logistics, planning, transportation and some of the world’s leading technology manufacturers.
#WeMakeEvents is working hard behind the scenes, securing meetings with government officials and gaining support from a number of cross-party MPs who have written directly to the Chancellor. We are asking for:
1. Grants – not loans – made available to businesses in the events supply chain
4. Insurance for live events complete with a COVID clause to help protect promotors and event organisers, should a show or event be cancelled due to a local lockdown
2. Furlough scheme extended until the industry is back to work
5. Allow event organisers to do mass testing on behalf of the UK Government to give a 72 hour passport for events
3. Extension of the Self-Employed Income Support Scheme, tailored towards the industry
Sign up below to receive further information and how you can support the industry.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.