Thank you for taking the time to write to your MP about the live events supply chain. Here are some helpful tips:
• Tell them why you are writing to them. The government can’t see the live event supply chain, so we aren’t getting the targeted support we need to survive the pandemic, nor is there a realistic plan for reopening. You want them to use their power and influence to change that.
• Tell them why you are supporting our campaign. Let them know why the live event supply chain is important to you.
• Include examples. If you work in the live event supply chain and have seen your income drop, or if you’ve been excluded from support, talk about it. If you know someone in this situation, share their story. If you just want to go to an event again, whether that’s a wedding, a festival, a conference or any other type of live event, say why.
• Be polite! While the temptation will perhaps exist to ‘emphasise’ your message, it’s all to easily ignored if the language used is anything less than civil.
• Read the letter we wrote to Rishi Sunak, Chancellor of the Exchequer.